Thursday 21 April 2011

Tortilla II

So it seems the celebrations did go on late into the night in the city centre last night after Real won the Copa del Rey, even though Sergio Ramos managed to drop the cup under a bus! Sergio!

There was so much to write about yesterday I forgot about this. I cooked another tortilla the other night, and with the help of a non-stick pan (with a handle this time) and some advice from a half Spanish friend, it came out absolutely perfect. I think the main tips to take away are to put almost as much onion in as potato, which makes it nice and moist, and put it on a very low heat when putting the potato-egg mix back in the pan. A non-stick pan  does help considerably though too. Here it is, post flip.


Also, maybe it's that I'm looking a bit more tanned these days, but people keep asking me for directions recently. I've often been mistaken for a local in many European countries before, but not until recently in Spain, and my students laughed when I asked them if I looked Spanish in an exercise. Anyway, it's quite satisfying that I can actually direct them now too, as I'm currently doing the Rosetta Stone module on giving (and receiving) directions. Still a very long way to go with my Spanish though. Another reason to stay in Spain next year maybe.

Word of the day: Vela - Candle

No comments:

Post a Comment